Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Heartbreaking News

I received an e-mail from the head of my placement agency and here's what it said:

Our team presented your translated dossier to the Ministry and was informed that another family from the US officially registered with Zola. This means that you will not be able to adopt Zola. As we know, there is always risk of losing a referral before a child is officially registered, but we wish we too had been informed there was another family pursuing her adoption. The Ministry deeply regrets not having kept both family representatives informed.

The chance is always there, of course, but no one ever thinks that it will happen to them. It's absolutely heartbreaking and devastating to find out that a child you thought was going to join your family is no longer going to do so.

I have made the decision to continue on with adopting a child with Down syndrome. I've come so far and gone through so much so far that I am not going to give up! Right now, I am going over my options and will keep my blog updated as to what I am going to do.

I am still having my fundraisers (like the Avon one going on right now and all of the others in the "Current Fundraisers" tab at the top of the page). Please help support me in this time of need. Your support throughout the process has been comforting and I look forward to your support throughout the rest of the process.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Avon for Adoption!

From March 1-15th, I get a portion of all Avon sales from this wonderful lady, who is also a single woman who adopted a girl with Down syndrome! is the direct link. Please take a look through the brochure and order something if you can! Her Facebook page is Avon for Adoptions, please feel free to check that out for all of the latest sales information. Everyone loves Avon, don't they? SHARE SHARE SHARE away! Make sure to tell all of your friends and family about this wonderful fundraiser and don't forget to place your order no later than March 15th!

My dossier was sent to country about a week after they received it. It's currently being translated and I am hoping to be travelling for trip one (will be there for approximately one week) in May.