Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

I'm going to be a mommy!

What an exciting title, right?!

It became official today with this webpage: http://reecesrainbow.org/68871/sponsorobenauf

I am going to be adopting a little girl from Eastern Europe. Her name is "Zola" (not her real name) and she's 2. The reason she is living in an orphanage is because she was born with Down syndrome. In many countries, it's a shame for a woman to give birth to a baby with DS and is discouraged from returning home with her child so the child is sent to live in an orphanage. Zola doesn't have a mommy. She doesn't know what a mommy's love is really like. She IS lucky in some ways though. The orphanages in her country are a lot better than in other countries. They take good care of her and show her love and affection but it's still nothing like what she will know once she comes home.

I cannot walk this journey alone. I need your support, whether that support be through prayers or a contribution to her adoption fund. At the link above, you can donate money to help fund her adoption and all of the money is tax deductible. You can also follow my journey here, on my blog or on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HelpZola I will be doing a lot of fundraisers so make sure you check both pages frequently!

Thank you for your prayers and support. It truly means a lot to me (and Zola).

No comments:

Post a Comment